Monday, July 21, 2008

I've never been fishing

Whew! I made it through the weekend and now I have the time to spend on resin niche books. It takes me forever to make some design decisions and I had that problem deciding what to put in the niches of 4 books. One book will go to Etsy BEST Book Swap and the theme is "Travel" so I had to think in those terms. The resin is still curing so I can't take any photos.


While moving out all that art for my sale, I found many primed canvases ready to go so its time to start making some paintings. I want to paint octopus. Here's my plan:
1. Make small collages
2. Enlarge on color copier
3. Choose parts of collage that would work as a complete composition.
I LOVE working this way. Here's another part of one of my journal entries that will find itself on a canvas soon enough. Doesn't it look like she is blowing on the little dog?

No comments: