Sunday, July 6, 2008

Blog Idea


I make things. I make clothes, jewelry, books, mosaics, paintings. I have been keeping a daily visual journal since November 2007. Its been fantastic exercise for me.
I have this idea to use my daily journal pages as postings for this blog.
This particular page is from 2006 when I would started a Winter Solstice Journal in November, kept it through the holidays and then stopped. The 2007 Solstice Journal never stopped!
This is a dry journal meaning no wet media. I work in what we call Studio Up, a refurbished attic space--no sink. To make the work more limited I've chosen to work dry.
I LOVE tissue paper overlays.
I LOVE using what happens to be laying about. There is always space on the page for that bit that got cut off something else.
Journal Page RULE # 1
Each entry Page must be resolved before stopping
Journal Page RULE # 2
The next day's day name(i.e. Monday, Tuesday,etc.) must be laid down for next entry.

The image to the right is the cover of the Solstice Book. Its 3 layers of acrylic with a transparent image on top. The binding is Coptic Stitch. My Favorite!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Hi Kate
I too love tissue paper! and using what's lying around!! Looking forward to more posts! :)

Hilary said...

You have inspired me to put more work into my journal pages, instead of just the usual scribbles. Can't wait for the next installment!

Jill Holmes said...

Kate--I LOVE YOUR BLOG! Congrats on entering the BLOG world! I will be adding your address as a link on my list of links. I can hardly wait to see future posts! Thanks for sharing so much of yourself with the rest of us! Jill

KarleighJae said...

I like your rules. I should use them when doing my own books. :)

~Karleigh Jae