Tuesday, October 31, 2017

My Dream Halloween

I have such high expectations of a deliriously fun Halloween. But I don't know what that looks like so I decided to ask myself and this is today's answer.
My Dream Halloween
It starts at the beginning of the month when we meet to talk about costume we want to make for ourselves. We make drawings and share ideas.
I decorate the house starting at the beginning of the month; designing the walled garden space as a spooky space where I can make a fire and enjoy the autumn weather when it finally breaks through.
Part of the Dream Halloween is story telling somewhere. It’s the opportunity to read Widow’s Broom by Chris van Allsburg.
On October 31, we would have dinner together, just a few people in costumes. We talk and laugh and enjoy each other’s company. We eat very delicious food. Then we walk around town. We walk through the cemetery. We walk the streets watching the littles trick or treating. When we are tired of walking we come back and sit around the fire in the dark chilly weather with wine and music.
That’s all.

Its nothing really is it? Its doable. 

No comments: