Thursday, July 16, 2009

Little Octo

I have about six 12" x 12" stretched canvases that I got at Big Lots of all places. This is the first one I've used. Its a sketch for the big painting that is blocked out on a giant canvas.
This was FUN! I don't have my painting supplies set up so I used what was around. I had some water-based oil pastels (dee-vine!), some aquacolors, a bottle of cheapo white acrylic AND 2 VERY BAD brushes. After many layers the little octo got finished up. I adore using a bad brush b/c it takes a certain consciousness away. I feel like I'm fighting and that falling in love with my own mark-making is more difficult. I used a pen tip to dip in white paint to make the suckers. The painting really needed that.
NOW, my job is to move on and make more. I can even make more octo paintings if I want to!

1 comment:

Ann said...

I love big lots :)