Saturday, November 4, 2017

I don't know until I try!

Is what I say when I try something and it doesn't work. Yesterday I tried sauteing radishes because I read that they can taste like potatoes. (I really miss potatoes but now I am a Keto-Eater and potatoes have too many carbohydrates) THEY DON'T TASTE LIKE POTATOES! So all that good butter right in to the compost! Ah well the microorganisms will enjoy them!
Same with the brilliant idea I have to re-make a wide-brim-inexpensive-straw hat into a Boater.
Its because I want to wear one and I had the straw hat and found a tutorial and I love to make...so...The Boater is not done. But maybe it will work, but if I didn't try I wouldn't know.
Today's journal page led to new discoveries about surfaces! I love when that happens! I've been using stencils in unusual ways to add depth to plain paper backgrounds. I have been inking the stencil, misting the page and burnishing the stencil to transfer the negative area of the stencil. Its so beautiful to me.
Frida Dog calendar is nearly ready for photos! Its a low-tech job as is most everything I do.

No comments: