Saturday, August 24, 2013

Was thinking this morning of my source for images. They come mostly from magazines, BECAUSE...it is most like finding something on the street. Something overlooked, something transitory. That's what makes my heart sing.
The thing overlooked
The thing that is found
The thing that has no worth
The thing that sometimes has history
AND then, of course, I have a weakness for beautiful old things that I buy occasionally: atlases, dictionaries, primers, storybooks.
My main concern with this collage is that the hands are too much perfect. I covered them up & colored the fingernails gray.
In the upper right corner is a 1898 Two Cent Documentary Stamp. This is a revenue stamp  first issued during the civil war for collecting taxes, but then the government kept using them & collecting taxes long after.

No comments: